Saturday, July 09, 2005

Man, the Neon Lights are Bright

One thing I do love about New York is the accessibility to AWESOME Broadway shows. I guess you could say I love New York, but I'm not sure if I'd love to live here.

Anyway, the firm took us to see Spamalot, which was hilariously fabulous. I didn't know anything about Monty Python, so I wasn't sure how I'd like it going into it. Coming out of it, though, I had my answer: It's awesome! The songs are so much fun. Along the lines of Avenue Q, the songs in Spamalot are self-aware and VERY clever. I love it!

This past Tuesday, I went to see Wicked, which tells the tale-that-never-was-told of the purported "Wicked" Witch of the West. It was a lot of fun, and the leads had amazing voices. I had very high expectations going into it, though, and I left feeling okay with the show. I can honestly see why Avenue Q won the Tony over Wicked, though.

Wouldn't life be so much more fun if we would all just burst into song? Three cheers for Musicals!

No comments: