Thursday, April 13, 2006

Warm & Fuzzy

After that last post, I think everyone needs a little warm and fuzzy to wash the bad taste out of our mouths. (Edit: Sorry, pun NOT intended.)

Kristina is a kindergarten teacher from San Francisco who's been shelling out hundreds of dollars every month to buy school supplies for her kids. As a product of the San Francisco public school system, I can well understand the lack of funds teachers have to supplement the meager supplies with which the school district provides them.

A project has come to fruition to provide her (and her fellow teachers) with some wiggle room. Go here and see what it's all about. I just got one myself, and I definitely am feeling the warm and fuzzies. :)To see more of her kindergarten kids' artwork, check out her pictures.

My personal favorite?
"Stories Come Out Of My Book." It's seriously profound.
"Stories Come Out Of My Book"

2 comments:

RQ Whitaker said...

This is so cool! I wonder if I could get my freshmen to do something like this?

Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

That's very sweet :)