Thursday, September 03, 2009

Trazzler/NYCGO Writing Contest - I'm a semifinalist!

So I entered into this writing contest to win $10,000 and a two week trip...to NYC. Yes, to those astute folks out there, I am already in NYC, but who am I to sneeze at a free hotel room for two weeks *coughs "where I can throw a hotel party or five for my awesome friends who help me make it to the FINALS of this contest" coughs*.

Anyhoo, I'm now a semifinalist! Out of ~900 entries! The way to make it to the next round (the Finals!) is to have as many people as earthly possible "wishlist" my trip entry on the website Trazzler. I've copied the link below and the easy steps to "wishlist" my entry about my experience watching the sun rise over the Arabian Sea when I went to Oman earlier this year.

It's soooo easy to "wishlist" my trip and help me along with this stage of the contest that I hope you'll take a minute or two to do so. Here are the steps:

1) Click the link below.

http://www.trazzler.com/trips/users/odderie/ras-al-jinz-oman-in-ras-al-jines-oman-om

2) Click the green "add to wishlist" button beneath the picture of my Tropical Punch-painted toes.
3) Sign in - you don't even need to sign up for a new account because you can sign in using your Facebook information.
4) If you could click the link above again just to make sure you were registered as a "wishlist," that would be great. After that, you're done! (I think!) :)
5) (optional) Please spread the word to all of your friends, Romans, countrymen, lovers, family, guy who serves you coffee, cats-who-lolcat-and-log-into-
websites-and-use-their-paws-to-vote-on-stuff, etc. Please twitter to all of your friends! Under 140 characters: "Help @odderie make it to the finals of the @Trazzler / #NYCGO contest - "wishlist" her trip here: http://bit.ly/6ZEeJ Thanks!" Please work it into your routine at karaoke! You know what to do! :)

Thanks so much to everyone, and I hope to spread some good news soon. Hope all is well in the blogosphere! :)

No comments: