Monday, March 17, 2008

Desert Island Food?

Someone I was talking with recently said something about a "desert island" food. This statement got me thinking...what would I bring on a desert island?

Specific answers to that question aside, I've reached a point where I think I might just be satisfied with the initial response I have of "I don't know."

For the most part, I don't understand "favorites." People have favorite brands, favorite colors, favorite drinks, favorite cars, favorite animals, favorite celebrities, favorite websites, and the list just goes on and ON.

Maybe I'm just really...UNopinionated (?), but I have always wondered how you can pick ONE thing and have that be your end-all and be-all favorite [fill in the blank]. Rather than unopinionated, I've instead always seen this kind of non-favoritism in my life as something of a desire more to be fair and weigh all the options. How am I to decide that this one person/place/thing is The It of that category for me?

I guess what I'm saying is...in the end, isn't there a season (turn turn turn) and a time to every purpose for everything?

N.B.: Thus ends my 2AM musings for this week.

No comments: