As an aside, I came home tonight to a hallway that smelled DISTINCTLY like weed, which raised two questions: (1) What the heck kind of jobs do people have where they get high on a Monday night and (2) where do I sign up [for that kind of job, not to get high all the time, I mean!]?
Separately, thoughts on the Oscars:
1) Toss up for best dressed: Cate Blanchett and Helen Mirren. (And it's not just the accents!)
2) Toss up for worst dressed: Kirsten Dunst and Jessica Biel. (WTF is Jessica Biel doing at the Oscars??)
3) What's up with the messy, I-just-rolled-out-of-bed-and-spritzed-my-hair-with-salt-water hair?
4) I LOVED those light/dance shadow interpretation things! Happy Feet made me inexplicably giddy, Snakes on a Plane made me laugh, and The Departed was just SO. COOL.
5) Reese Witherspoon is looking more and more like a valley girl. Is this reverse aging??
6) Is Clint Eastwood really fluent in Italian? If so, that's so hot.
7) Kind of morbid question: How do they decide who's going to be in the "In Memorarium" section where they honor the dead people?
8) Note to self, based on that 10 second clip for "Best Picture" nominees: Watch "The Queen."