Sunday, July 02, 2006

Free Samples

When I was a kid, I used to love going to Price Club (or Costco, however you prefer to refer to it) around lunchtime and getting those free samples of everything from a bite sized 1/16th of a burrito to a tiny mouthwash-sized cup of white grape juice. It's been a while since I've been to Price Club/Costco, and to be honest, I haven't really missed those free samples.

However, today I went to Dominick's and there were free samples galore...EXCEPT, shocker of shockers, miracle of miracles, it seemed that Dominick's totally kicked it up a notch and one-upped Price Club/Costco in the free sample category because...

Today I was offered a free sample of Malibu rum -- "Coconut, Mango, or Passion Fruit?"

3 comments:

darlyn said...

Every time I'm home in Florida my mom sets me up with those grocery store tasting jobs.. they do actually have them at Costco and Sam's Clubs too.. everything from Liquor to Wines.
:)

Marissa said...

Those free samples were my lunch in high school. :)

Anonymous said...

If you really like these kinds of free samples, go to Sam's Wine. ON Saturday afternoons, you can leave the place down-right drunk on the number of free samples. Not that I am that cheap, but I am.