Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Let's Hope My Issue-Spotting Is More Accurate Than This

Have you ever had one of those song lyrics moments when a freaking nuclear explosion goes off and you go "HOLY CRAP, I was SO WRONG all these years!!!"...?? I just had one of those.

Exhibit A:
Sade's "Smooth Operator" chorus
Real Lyrics:
Coast to coast, LA to Chicago, western male.
Across the north and south, to Key Largo, love for sale.

My apparently totally starred-up lyrics:
Coast to coast, down east to Chicago, Western Maine
Across the north and south to Key Largo, insert-something-unintelligible-that-I-thought-was-French-here.

Yeah. Wow. Talk about totally wrong ALL THESE YEARS. At least I was a geographically precocious youngster.

And, yes, I will be picking up an exam in 7.5 short hours. My last (law school) exam EVER. Let's hope I operate that baby a little more smoothly than the travesty that was Sade's lyrics up until a short ten minutes ago. Oh, that was just too easy... *ducks*

No comments: