Sunday, December 18, 2005

Home Sweet Home

I know I'm back in San Francisco when I...
1) hear "Jingle Bells" in Chinese on the sound system at the supermarket
2) walk outside in less than full down coat, gloves, scarves, and hat gear
3) eat fresh seafood three times a week
4) am colder inside the house than outside the house (don't ask me to explain this, but I have a feeling it has something to do with a mental association with the outdoors-as-zero-degree-weather territory)
5) can look forward to the following eclectic mix of Christmas buffet offerings: Korean beef, turkey with gravy, baby bok choy, and cheesecake
6) pay $5 in toll money to cross the bridge
7) have to cope with my parents' dial-up :)

5 comments:

RQ Whitaker said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
RQ Whitaker said...

Sorry had to edit a word.

Dial-up....good times.

What is San Francisco's public school system like? I've been a few times and I've loved it each time.

Anonymous said...

i am totally with you on the colder inside than outside phenomena.

Law Fairy said...

I'm always cold everywhere. I'm cold in my office right now. I want a blanket and a fire. And a nap. And a vacation. The main thing I miss about school is that right now I would be at home with my dog and my family and my parents' fireplace, but instead I'm sitting around at work with nothing to do because no one has work to give out around Christmastime. Whee!

Anonymous said...

Dialup huh? I was promised unlimited broadband wi-fi at your house!

No, you didn't promise it. But just because I dreamt it doesn't make the promise any less binding!