Thursday, September 15, 2005

No News = Good News?

Is no news good news?

OCI is officially over. All in all, I did 18 total interviews, which is a pretty respectable number. The tally so far is uninspiring, but uninformative:

Total interviews: 18
Dings: 5
Callbacks: 0

Needless to say, any phone call between the hours of 10am and 7pm Chicago time (which would be 8am and 5pm California time) is heart attack-inducing. See: yesterday afternoon. I went for a walk to the grocery store and returned to find that I had a voicemail. Telling myself (1) not to panic despite the blood rushing in my ears and (2) that it would probably be either my father (who has taken to calling to make sure I'm still alive and well, which I'll admit is a little flattering b/c he's so stubbornly independent while being very codependent -- more on that later) or a friend, I listened to the voicemail.

It was blank.

BLANK.

What kind of cruelty is that?

I then checked the call history and was even more perturbed by what I saw. The phone call came from a 415 number (San Francisco area code), which in itself is heart attack-inducing. The weird thing (and I mean WEIRD) is that the 415 was then followed by a phone number of... 000-0000.

Yup, 000-0000, which I have never seen before on my phone.

So now I'm left to wonder what that meant. It probably means nothing. It probably is some blasted turd automated telemarketer thingamabob dialer. It probably means no more than that the fates decided that my heart needed a blood-pumping workout. Bastards.

1 comment:

Michael said...

I do some work for a (small) law firm, if you wanna me to give-um your heap big resume I shall.